Staying motivated isn’t an easy task.
Why do you think motivational speakers exist? Why do you think Anthony Robbins makes millions of dollars selling his self-help books, tapes, and seminars? The truth is, you have to design your life around getting a consistent dosage of motivation. There are different ways to do this and it doesn’t just have to deal with making vision boards, putting up photos of vacation homes or the body that you want. It requires a clear understanding of the reasons why you want you want, an understanding of your internal drive.
Now, you can easily google “How To Stay Motivated” and you’ll find a ton of tips from a lot of different people. But, you know how we love to make things more convenient for you. So, here are the top 11 tips that we’ve gathered on how to stay motivated:
How To Stay Motivated 11 Quick Tips To Help You Stay Motivated in 2014 «< Read THE FULL ARTICLE HERE
I dearly wish that people would view their bodies as they view flowers…
Skin patches? Birthmarks?
Scars? Stretch marks?
Freckles? Moles? Acne scars?
Missing a few pieces?
handsome as ever~
Feel like you just look weird?
you’re fantastic looking~
Examples of drawings, and the copies made of them by neglect patients.
submission from http://angelofapathy.tumblr.com/
Forever interested in…
One time in like 5th grade I had this teacher and she gave us all bottles of shit like this and told us to squeeze it all out and of course we were like fuck yeah and did it and then she said, “Now, try and shove it all back in the container.” Of course we all tried, and then stared at her confused as shit. When we all obviously gave up, she said, “In the moment, you were so consumed with what you were doing that you didn’t realize the mess you were making. Then, after it was so quickly and easily poured out, you realize it is impossible to put it all back in. Remember this for the rest of your lives when it comes to the words that come out of your mouth” and we were like 10 so we were like yeah ok whatever lady, but somehow to this day I think of it constantly.
|—||― Marcus Aurelius (via psych-quotes)|
My bookmark is fab
|—||Eartha Kitt (via onlinecounsellingcollege)|
Are you looking for natural ways to improve your mood, due to stress, anxiety, sorrow, or anger?
Our “Cheer up, Buttercup!” series lists just that! We have 56 tips to help you brighten your day. :)
- Change your Self Talk
- Don’t let negative influences stay in your life for longer than necessary
- Maintain a good Network
- Do productive things
- You don’t have to hold it all in.
- Do what you love
- Indulge yourself
- Don’t blame yourself
- Look for the silver lining
- Bask in the sun!
- Play with a pet
- Repaint or reorganize your room
- Give someone a hug
- Reach out to someone
- Fish, Brazil Nuts, and Orange Juice
- Don’t over-schedule
- Don’t forget about your health
- Connect with others
- Shop smart
- Keep a daily journal
- Listen to your favorite music
- Eat three healthy meals a day
- Gussy up
- Watch a funny movie
- Let yourself cry
- Take a hot shower
- Call up an old friend
- Believe in yourself!
- Dye your hair
- Make your bed
- Wear something you really like
- Do something for someone else
- Get some new ideas
- Be thankful
- Listen to inspiring, upbeat music
- Make a list of quotes and lyrics that inspire you
- Make a list of places you’d like to visit, or things you’d like to do within your lifetime
- Bake or cook your favorite dish
- Watch silly daytime television
- Play a video game or a board game with friends
- Write letters to your best friends and send them if you wish to
- Start drawing, or a create a collage of how you’re feeling
- Place a blanket in the dryer and wrap it around yourself
- Make a cup of tea/coffee
- Look up and learn breathing techniques
- Run yourself a warm bath and fill it with aromatherapy oils
- Paint your nails
- Pray or Meditate
- Take photographs of something that catches your eye
- Look up funny cats and dogs on Youtube.
- Fill in a CBT ABC worksheet or something similar
- Invest in a punching bag
For more posts like these, go visit psych2go
Psych2go features various psychological findings and myths. In the future, psych2go attempts to include sources to posts for the for the purpose of generating discussions and commentaries. This will give readers a chance to critically examine psychology.
|—||Unknown (via onlinecounsellingcollege)|