wtf. made me smile for the first time today.
This is a good way to memorize what meds help what mental disorder if you’re a psychology major.
The Abuse Cycle.
This is a chart demonstrating male abuse, not female.
submitted by happilymad
“This piece was primarily a trust exercise, in which she told viewers she would not move for six hours no matter what they did to her. She placed 72 objects one could use in pleasing or destructive ways, ranging from flowers and a feather boa to a knife and a loaded pistol, on a table near her and invited the viewers to use them on her however they wanted.
Initially, Abramović said, viewers were peaceful and timid, but it escalated to violence quickly. “The experience I learned was that … if you leave decision to the public, you can be killed… I felt really violated: they cut my clothes, stuck rose thorns in my stomach, one person aimed the gun at my head, and another took it away. It created an aggressive atmosphere. After exactly 6 hours, as planned, I stood up and started walking toward the public. Everyone ran away, escaping an actual confrontation.”
This piece revealed something terrible about humanity, similar to what Philip Zimbardo’s Stanford Prison Experiment or Stanley Milgram’s Obedience Experiment, both of which also proved how readily people will harm one another under unusual circumstances.”
This performance showed just how easy it is to dehumanize a person who doesn’t fight back, and is particularly powerful because it defies what we think we know about ourselves. I’m certain the no one reading this believes the people around him/her capable of doing such things to another human being, but this performance proves otherwise.”
In just an instant, devil swarms around you
piercing the heart with thousand needles.
There something flowing from the eyes.
Is it tears? Wiping with the hands,
You noticed it’s red.
You’re crying blood.
The soul is cringed, drying up inside.
Curling up inside but stayed frozen outside.
Oxygen being vacuumed out of the breathing organ.
A lump as big as a giant’s fist is at the throat
which making it hard to even maintain consciousness.
Everything is so excruciatingly and devastatingly painful
that you wished that death will come and take you away.
Why you even opened the door in the first place?
Why couldn’t you just stay in that pliant place you’re in a few moments ago?
On the ground, with your knees bended
You poured out your all to the One above.
Praying that this will be all taken away,
That what is now would be a distant memory.
If it’s possible, you’d pick your brain to induce amnesia.
When the world is almost blackening out
a hand pulled you up.
He heard, he always listens, and now had resurrected you.
He saved you, like He always do.
He envelope you with is light and love.
He does it over and over again, untiringly.
He already foresaw the next step.
It has always been the same vicious cycle
But He never grumbled. Never said a word.
A hear-beat happened, and the sun shines on your face again.
Pinkish glow on your cheek.
Life emanating from your eyes.
You are ready to turn on a new leaf.
Fresh strength to take on anything that comes your way.
Despite what had occurred just a while ago,
It seems amnesia really have been induced.
The One that saved you, shook His head in dismay.
He sees you easing and shaking yourself up.
Forgetting Him and everyone else around you,
All your eyes can register is the hole in which you just got out of,
You dive again and come back for more
Of that darkness that almost made you a part of the non-living.
We did this last sem, surprisingly 98% of our class cried when we had our group sharing after the activity
- What to do when your friend is talking about suicide
- What to do if someone you know is overdosing
- What to do if your friend is hurting themselves
- First Aid for self harm
Finding Therapy, Doctors, & Medication
- Something Fishy - How will I pay?
- Mental Health America - How do I find treatment?
- Free/Cheap Medication
- The Medicine Program
- Find a Therapist
- Good Therapy.org
- Insurance Issues
- Qualities and Skills of a Good Counselor
- The Difference Between a Psychiatrist, Psychologist, Therapist & Counselor
- Extreme Hunger During Recovery
- About Water Retention During Recovery
- 281 Reasons to Recover
- Relapse Prevention
- Dealing with Bloating in Recovery
- Bloating, Indigestion, & Feeling too full
- Talking to Others About Your Mental Health Issues
- Managing Stress
- Why You Must Eat
- What is ED Recovery?
- You have no obligation to be weighed
- Learning to Love Your Body
- True Facts Our Abuse-Culture Doesn’t Want You to Know
- Tips to Overcoming and Eating Disorder from Women Who Have Recovered
- How to Eat a Fear Food
- 16 Baby Steps to Help You Cope with the Pain of Perfectionism
- 10 Things to Do When You Feel Like Crap
- Why You Should NOT Self-DiagnoseSubstance Addictions:
Restrictive Eating Disorders:
- Phases of Recovery From a Restrictive ED
- Tips to Stop Restricting
- Why You Must Regain Weight to Recover
- Eating Disorder Support Groups
- Gaining Weight After Anorexia: What To Expect
- Dealing With Weight Gain
Binge & Compensate Disorders:
Binge ED/Compulsive Eating Disorders
- Food Addicts Anonymous Meeting Finder
- Overeaters Anonymous Meeting Finder
- The “I need to lose weight” Mindset with BED
- Eating Disorder Support Groups
- Daily Meditation for Compulsive Overeating/Binge EatingGeneral Anxiety:
- Coping with Suicidal Thought
- 10 Tips on How to Work Through Feelings of Social Isolation
- 8 Tips to Overcome Loneliness
- Tips On Dealing With Depression In College
- Antidepressants: Selecting one that’s right for you
- What to expect with antidepressants
Family and Friends: